Windows 2012 Server uninitialized value at "gitweb.cgi line 3104"

Hi Gerger and Team,

I’ve installed Gitora before on some old Windows version (not sure Windows 2002 server maybe) without problems.
On Windows 2012 Server I have some difficulties that I was not able to fix yet.

First I’ve seen “Internal Server Error” on the main frame in Gitora, whenever I touch a repository in Gitora. Create or open repostory.
In Apache log “localhost.xxxx.log” I found “cannot run program perl”.
I could fix this adding perl to the PATH environment variable, and restart the service.

Anyway now I see a different problem.
I can add database objects (packages) to my repository. For the packages the “Check Out” button is greyed out, and cannot be used.
The “show spec” and “show body” do not work, but are showing “404 - Cannot find file” on the main frame in Gitora.

Checking the “localhost.xxxxx.log” file I’ve found following error that I cannot fix myself.

INFO: cgi: runCGI (stderr):[Thu Feb 26 15:41:06 2015] C:\Program Files (x86)\Gerger\GitoraServer\apache-tomcat-6.0.29\webapps\gitora\WEB-INF\cgi-bin\sc\gitweb.cgi: Use of uninitialized value in open at C:\Program Files (x86)\Gerger\GitoraServer\apache-tomcat-6.0.29\webapps\gitora\WEB-INF\cgi-bin\sc\gitweb.cgi line 3104.
Feb 26, 2015 3:41:05 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: cgi: runCGI (stderr):fatal: bad revision ''
Feb 26, 2015 3:42:14 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: cgi: runCGI (stderr):fatal: bad revision 'HEAD’
Feb 26, 2015 3:42:36 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: cgi: runCGI (stderr):fatal: Not a valid object name HEAD

I’m not sure if the behaviour is related to this errormessage.
Do you have any idea?

If I cannot fix this, maybe I try Gitora on “Linux RHEL”.

best regards,
Martin

Hi Martin,

Did you commit the packages after you added them to Gitora? You have to commit the packages first so that Git repository (and Gitora) can show you stuff.

Kind Regards,
Yalim

Hi Gerger,

You’re right I forgot to commit. Now it works!

Thanks for the fast feedback!

best regards,
Martin

We probably have to do something about this. It is not obvious that you have to commit the objects after you add them. You are not the first one who got confused.

Kind Regards,
Yalim