ORA-04088: error during execution of trigger 'GITORA.GO_IDE_DBOBJECT_IOID’
ORA-06512: at “GITORA.BDF_DBOBJECT_UTL”, line 105
ORA-06512: at “GITORA.BDF_DBOBJECT_UTL”, line 125
ORA-06512: at “GITORA.BDF_DBOBJECT_QRY”, line 235
ORA-06512: at “GITORA.BDF_SC”, line 626
ORA-06512: at “GITORA.GO_IDE_DBOBJECT_IOID”, line 21
ORA-06512: at “GITORA.API_DATASOURCE”, line 5343
ORA-06512: at “GITORA.GO_IDE”, line 522

I installed Gitora using the manual installation files (see my other thread on that subject) and I’m testing this in a 12c EE on a RAC and in a 11g XE in a VM. Both setups are giving me the same error.

Hi Stephan,

Gitora creates a package in the schema that your package is. This is a one time operation so that Gitora get capture DDL’s correctly. It seems like in your installation, the GITORA suer is lacking the privilege to create packages in other schemas. I think if you give this privilege to tge GITORA user and try again, the error will go away.

Is this privilege lacking from the installation script? We’ll verify. This is odd. We tested the scripts many times before we released them and adding a package to a repo is one of the first tests.

I apologize for the inconvenience. We’ll update the instalation scripts ASAP.

Kind Regards,
Yalim

Hi Stephan,

So I guess if you give the Gitora schema the necessary privilege to create packages (CREATE ANY PROCEDURE), you should be ready to do.

Kind Regards,
Yalim

Hi Yalim,

I added the grant on the GITORA schema and it works now. (The grant in the installation script was indeed not for “any”.)
Packages, views, procedures and functions are successfully added, however triggers, synonyms and types don’t show up in the Available select list. Maybe some additional grants are needed for this to work?

Kind regards,
Stephan.

Hi Stephan,

Interesting. All objects come from the same query. Are you talking about the Add/Remove Database Objects Screen? If yes, below is the guts of the query it runs:

select owner,object_type,object_name
from all_objects
where owner=:owner
and object_type=:objectType

:owner is the schema you choose from the first combobox and the :objectType is the object type you select from the second combobox.

Kind Regards,
Yalim

Hi Stephan,

If the problem still continues, please let us know. We’d be happy to remotely connect and help you fix the issue.

Kind Regards,
Yalim

Hello, I’ve just installed Gitora for proof of concepte.

I encounter the same kind of problems with Stephen described in this blog.

When I do select in the all_objects table, I see all the objects that I created in my schemas. But via Gitora, I see only packages, function and procedure.

Stephen, do you have found the reason for the absence of the other objet type?

thank you for your support

I just tried to include an image, but i am a new users, i can not upload images

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for your interest in Gitora. If you can arrange for a date and time, we’d be happy to remotely connect and figure out what the problem is.

Kind Regards,
Yalim

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, but for now, I wish I had the answer Stephan to see how it has resolved its problem since I think I have the same.

For now, my company’s security level does not allow me to give you quickly the rights for you to connect remotely to allow you to give me support.

If you have other possible solution to offer me to investigate the problem, I will try.

thank you

Hi Sebastian,

I have given you necessary rights to upload images.

Kind Regards,
Serdar

I tried the query on all_objects you specified above from the GITORA schema and I really only see packages, procedures and functions. During this test I didn’t see any views while there are a number of views in the owner schema I try to add.
Just gave a little try by granting a select on one of the views to GITORA and behold! The view pops up in the select list now! Does this mean I have to grant every new object I make to GITORA before they show in the select list? This should be handled by the database triggers in the GITORA schema, right?

Here’s what I see in the all_objet table and the result in the list of objects in Gitora:

Hi Sebastian,

As Stephan pointed out, we’ve found out that some of the required privileges are missing in the manual installation scripts of Gitora. Please make sure the following privileges have been granted to Gitora schema and try again.

EXECUTE ANY TYPE
SELECT ANY DICTIONARY
SELECT ANY TABLE
UNDER ANY TYPE
UNDER ANY VIEW

We’re truly sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,
Serdar