Bitbucket integration

Hi

I’m currently evaluating Gitora and really like it.
But there’s a requirement from the organization that all source code, no matter origin or type, should be version controlled using Atlassian Bitbucket.
Is there an easy way to integrate Gitora with Bitbucket?

To clone an existing Git repository I had to manually clone it from Git command prompt and make sure the repository catalog was located under the Gitora repositories directory.
I guess it’s possible to use the same manual technique when pushing the changes back to Bitbucket?
If so, it would be great (and not too complicated to implement, I believe?) if the cloning and pushing could be done from within the Gitora GUI.

There is one thing though, except for the cloning and pushing commands themselves, which should be really great to have in Gitora. That is to have a way to configure how the files for the different PL/SQL object types should be named. I can for instance see that packages and package bodies are stored in files called “PACKAGE.<NAME OF PACKAGE>” and “PACKAGEBODY.<NAME OF PACKAGE BODY>” respectively. Would be great if these naming definitions could be altered using properties in Gitora to common naming standards like “<NAME OF PACKAGE>.pks” and “<NAME OF PACKAGE BODY>.pkb”.
This should be very useful for several reasons:

1. When starting to use Gitora on already existing Git repos. If you alreay have the source code neatly packaged in files with suffixes dedicated for the object types.
  2. If Gitora is not the only way PL/SQL code is viewed and maintained. If you want to view or make a simple change in the code directly in a file in a remote repository or in Bitbucket directly, a naming of files with dedicated suffixes for the different object types makes it easier and more intuitive.
  3. Other reasons for having an agreed naming convention of source code files. E.g. during deployment of code, always having the same naming convention for the source code files makes it more readable and automation can be used (that can of course use the already existing Gitora naming as well, but in a large organization you might alreay have a standard in place, which is hard to change)

Are these things doable?
What are our options?

kind regards // Frederic

HI Frederic,

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are very happy to hear that you are happy with Gitora.

You asked some very good questions. Please see below for answers to your questions:

If so, it would be great (and not too complicated to implement, I believe?) if the cloning and pushing could be done from within the Gitora GUI.
Yes. We can implement this feature and integrate Gitora with Bitbucket in any way you’d like. No problem at all. Gitora has an enterprise option. For Gitora Enterprise customers we customize Gitora so that Gitora can fit into their workflow.

Would be great if these naming definitions could be altered using properties in Gitora to common naming standards like “.pks” and “.pkb”.

Yes, we can do this too. We can customize Gitora so that it uses the file names and file extentions you’d like.

Kind Regards,
Yalim

Hi Yalim

Wonderful :slight_smile:
I will contact you by email.

kind regards
// Frederic